Dart is a client-optimized language for fast apps on any platform.
As you all know, The first and second generation QazKaz APP was created by this powerful language and it’s Flutter library. Flutter is awesome, which bases on Dart programming language that was created by “Google Father”. Google created many of good things, flutter(dart) is one of them I loved much.
In this series, we are going to learn dart programming language and it’s syntax. Dart is different from Python on many ways, Python is a beautiful language, easy to use, easy to read and easy to understand, however, dart is a language much more acts like “css”, Python is generic, dart ? I’m not sure what else people do with dart except Flutter.
Here we start, at first , here are some useful links for you to start:
- Dart is a computer programming language developed by Google that can be used in the development of web, server, mobile applications and the Internet of Things.
- To learn Flutter, we must first get Dart.
- Official website: https://dart.dev/ (as we mentioned above)
Dart language environment building:
To develop a Dart program locally, we need to install Dart SDK first：
NOTICE ： YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE WAY WHICH I DID, JUST INSTALL FLUTTER AND IT COMES WITH DART!! DO NOT INSTALL DART SEPARATELY!
Official documentation: https://dart.dev/get-dart
- Windows: Sorry but we do not recommend develop dart or flutter programs on WINDOWS.
- Linux: Download Flutter and Install it, as we demonstrated on the class. Have any problem? Just ask, answers are free.
- Mac: If you do not have brew yet, plz install it, you will love it i promise, and then :
brew install dart
Dart development tools:
There are many Dart development tools: IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, Atom, Android Studio (Google Pro Kids), Visual Studio Code (Microsoft Pro Kids), etc.
Here we mainly explain to you if you configure Dart in visual studio code (VScode).
NOTE: I DID PROGRAMMED DART IN MY MAC WITH I9 CORE and 32GB, Android Studio WORKS VERY NICE, BUT I REALIZED THAT SUCKS IN SOME OTHER PC SO WE CHANGED TO VSCODE.
After installing Dart(Actually you installed flutter, and that’s enough):
FlutterPlugin in VScode.
code runnerthis plugin. (This will help us to run our code)
Additional Notice: If you have a really fast enough PC, I strongly recommend you to use Android Studio, there is no why, there are only efficiency and time consuming.